Our PADI Open Water Diver course is the first scuba certification level and the most popular and exciting learn to dive course in the world. This certification allows you to dive to a maximum depth of 18 meters.
Open Water Diver Pre-Requisites
- Minimum age is 10.
- Children aged 10 to 14 year olds will be awarded the PADI Junior Open Water certification.
- You must be medically fit for diving and be able to complete a 200-metre swim and tread water for 10 minutes.
- All participants must download and complete the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form prior to participation. Any pre-existing medical conditions highlighted on this form will require medical clearance before we can allow you to take part.
REFERRAL OPTION £369pp (Special Offer £274pp) T&C's Apply
Does not include the Open Water Dives
BRONZE OPTION £499pp
(Open Water Diver Course)
5-6 weeks (1 evening per week)
4 Open Water Dives - 2 days at a UK inland dive site.
Short on time, take our Referral option, complete the theory and skills over 4 pool sessions with us here, then take your open water dives at a holiday destination.
SILVER OPTION £669pp
(Open Water Diver Course plus Drysuit Diver Specialty (saving £60.00)
GOLD PACKAGE £820pp
(Open Water Diver Course plus Drysuit Diver Specialty, Enriched Air Specialty (saving £70.00)
PLATINUM PACKAGE £1160pp
(Open Water Diver Course plus Advanced Open Water Diver, Drysuit Diver & Enriched Air Diver Specialty (saving £100.00)
The course fee includes main equipment hire, air, tuition, PADI eLearning theory, swimming pool fees, PADI Certification fee. Not entry fees to inland dive sites.
How do I sign up?
- Select one of the options below.
- Download, complete and email the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay your non-refundable deposit to secure your place. Interim/balance payment is required at referral stage. Final balance payment (per course) prior to going to open water, (Any discounts are applied at the end of your chosen course option).
- Once your order comes through we will check the calendar and advise you of our next available start date.
What will I do?
During our PADI Open Water Diver course, you'll learn what you need to know to explore the underwater world using scuba, a rewarding challenge.
Our PADI Open Water Diver course includes three parts: Knowledge Development, Confined Water Dives, and Open Water Dives. Knowledge Development covers the principles, concepts and terms you need to know for dive safety and enjoyment. During the Confined Water Dives, you learn and practice scuba skills in a swimming pool. You'll enjoy making one or more minidives, which take you through the same steps you follow when you make open water dives. To complete training you practice, apply and demonstrate what you learn during four Open Water Dives at a local dive site.
Earning the PADI Open Water Diver certification shows that you met the course requirements. Dive center's and resorts do require proof of certification before they will rent scuba equipment, fill scuba cylinders or book dive excursions.
When are they held?
The sessions are held every Wednesday evening at The Ridgeway Leisure Centre Pool, Wroughton 8:00pm, kit up 7:45pm. SATNAV SN4 9DJ
Now you have the option of moving onto the PADI Advanced Open Water diver course, where you will increase your experience, develop your underwater skills and have a taste of PADI Specialty courses.
Open Water Referral Offer:
Course must be completed no later than 31st July 2022.
Cannot be combined with any other offer and no upgrade available.