Illuminate the underwater world in rich, natural colour at depths up to 328' with the yellow YS-D2J Underwater Strobe from Sea & Sea.
CHRISTMAS OFFER While stocks last
It features a guide number of 104' / 32 m on land at ISO 100; this value changes to 65' with the supplied Diffuser 120, or 78' with the supplied Diffuser 100. The flash has a beam angle of 80 x 80°, which is widened to 100 x 100° with the Diffuser 100 and 120 x 120° with the Diffuser 120. A daylight-balanced colour temperature of 5600K enables the strobe to restore colours that are absorbed underwater, thus allowing for more vibrant and accurate images.
Both TTL and manual flash exposure modes are available on the YS-D2J. Unlike the previous model, the YS-D1, this strobe features audible and ready-light TTL confirmation. Additionally, the rear side of the unit has a glowing panel with easy-to-read controls, which will be helpful in low-light situations. The YS-D2J is configured with a 5-pin sync cord connector and a fiber-optic port for connection to an underwater camera housing. It is powered by four AA Alkaline or NiMH batteries.FEATURES
- GN 65-104' on Land at ISO 100
- Coverage Angle: 80 x 80°
- 100 x 100 / 120 x 120° with Diffuser
- Colour Temperature: 5600K
- Depth Rating: 328'
- TTL and Manual Flash Exposure
- 5-Pin Sync Cord & Fiber-Optic Connectors
- Runs on 4 AA Alkaline/NiMH Batteries
- Made in Japan
- 104' / 32 m on land at ISO 100
- Changes to 65' with the supplied Diffuser 120 or 78' with the supplied Diffuser 100
- Beam angle of 80 x 80°
- Widened to 100 x 100° when used with Diffuser 100 and 120 x 120° when used with Diffuser 120
- Diffusers help create soft, even light to reduce glare, backscatter, and hard shadows
- Daylight-balanced colour temperature of 5600K enables the strobe to restore colours absorbed underwater for more vibrant and accurate images
- With diffuser in place, colour temperature is reduced to 5250K, which is still close to daylight balanced
- Included LED target light with red filter helps you avoid disturbing the skittish sea life that is likely to be alarmed by normal light. It is fitted inside the diffusers.
- Target light's output is adjustable in 2 steps: 100-300 lumens.
- Automatically turns off when strobe fires and turns back on after 0.5 seconds.
- Safe for use at depths to 328'
- Features over-pressure relief valve
Controls, Modes, and Operation
- Both TTL (DS-TTL and slave TTL) and manual flash exposure modes are available
- Sea & Sea's DS-TTL II system has been improved, with an added function that stabilizes light emission by controlling voltage differences--so variability of intensity will not be evident during continuous firing
- Accuracy of TTL exposure has been increased, and images are less likely to be overexposed
- EV control function can fine-tune amount of light emitted. Exposure compensation range has been improved to +/- 2.0 EV: -2.0, -1.5, -1.0, -0.7, -0.3, +0.3, +0.7, +1.0, +1.5, +2.0
- Custom function allows for compatibility with cameras that have non-standard pre-flash in DS-TTL and manual modes
- Illuminated control panel for good visibility in dark conditions
- Colour of illumination changes to indicate mode: aqua blue for DS-TTL, blue for slave TTL, orange for manual pre-flash, and green for manual mode without pre-flash
- Large knobs and magnetic rotary switch enable improved handling and fast operation, while helping to prevent accidental activation/deactivation
- Recycle time is about 1.5 sec with NiMH batteries
- Flash features audible charge signal
- Configured with a 5-pin sync cord connector and a fiber-optic port for connection to an underwater camera housing using an optional cable
- Fiber-Optic Cable II from Sea & Sea is required to use DS-TTL ll function
- Ball mount included for attachment to lighting arms