Diving in a current can feel like flying underwater. Our PADI Drift Diver specialty course involves learning the best techniques to get the most out of diving in a drift.
The course covers planning and organising a drift dive, equipment considerations, and techniques to control and maintain good buoyancy, as well as navigation, use of surface signaling equipment and buddy communication.
Deep Diver Pre-Requisites
- Minimum age 12.
- Students must be certified as a
- PADI Open Water Diver, Junior Open Water Diver, or qualifying entry-level certification.
- All participants must download and complete the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form prior to participation. Any pre-existing medical conditions highlighted on this form will require medical clearance before we can allow you to take part.
DRIFT DIVER COURSE £185.00pp
The course fee includes main equipment hire, air, tuition, PADI eLearning theory, PADI Certification fee. Not entry fees to inland dive sites.
2 Open Water Dives - 1 Day at a UK inland dive site
How do I sign up?
- Download, complete and email the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form to email@example.com.
- Pay your non-refundable deposit to secure your place. Balance payment is required prior to going to open water. (Any discounts are applied at the end of your chosen course).
- Once your order comes through we will check the calendar and advise you of our next available start date.
What will I do?
- Planning, organisation, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving
- Special equipment – floats, lines and reels
- Proper procedures for buoyancy control, navigation and communication
- Site selection, overview of aquatic currents, causes and effects
- Techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group
Knowledge Development is based on a self-study method, allowing you to study in your own time, at your own pace, backed up by an academic session with an instructor, to ensure full understanding of drift diving theory.
Open Water Dives students must complete two Open Water dives to certify as a PADI Drift Diver. Each dive has specific tasks designed to help students understand the safety techniques, equipment selection and physiological aspects of drift diving.
When are they held?
Contact us at dive shop Scuderia House, Swindon SATNAV SN2 1EG for our next available course.
Need to buy a Dive Reel, Spool and Line or SMB Surface Marker Buoy for the course?
Now that you have mastered the techniques for drift diving, enhance your safety as a drift diver by enrolling onto the PADI SMB Diver Specialty course. This course will teach you the essentials involved in deploying a SMB, particularly important for your boat to follow your progress on a drift dive.