Deep diving is not only challenging but extremely exhilarating, with our PADI Deep Diver specialty course you will be able to experience that excitement first-hand by extending your recreational depth limit to 40 metres.
During the course you will learn how to plan, set-up and execute deep dives, manage your gas supply and learn how to identify and manage narcosis.
Deep Diver Pre-Requisites
- Minimum age 15.
- Students must be certified as a PADI Adventure Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation similar to that of a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver.
- All participants must download and complete the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form prior to participation. Any pre-existing medical conditions highlighted on this form will require medical clearance before we can allow you to take part.
DEEP DIVER COURSE £325pp
The course fee includes main equipment hire, air, tuition, PADI eLearning theory, PADI Certification fee. Not entry fees to inland dive sites.
4 Open Water Dives - 2 Days at a UK inland dive site
How do I sign up?
- Download, complete and email the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form to email@example.com.
- Pay your non-refundable deposit to secure your place. Balance payment is required prior to going to open water. (Any discounts are applied at the end of your chosen course).
- Once your order comes through we will check the calendar and advise you of our next available start date.
What will I do?
- Planning, organisation, procedures, techniques, problems, and hazards of deep diving
- Risk factors and decompression-tables review
- Safety stops and emergency decompression procedures
- Special equipment, descent lines and buoyancy control considerations
Knowledge Development is based on a self-study method, allowing you to study in your own time, at your own pace, backed up by an academic session with an instructor, to ensure full understanding of deep diving theory.
Open Water Dives students must complete four Open Water dives to certify as a PADI Deep Diver. Each dive has specific tasks designed to help students understand the safety techniques, equipment selection and physiological aspects of deeper diving. Timed tasks, navigational exercises and simulated emergency decompression stops are amongst the skills completed during the four dives.
When are they held?
Contact us at dive shop Scuderia House, Swindon SATNAV SN2 1EG for our next available course.
Need to buy a Dive Computer or Dive Torch for the course?
Now that you have mastered the techniques and equipment considerations for deep diving, why not put these skills to good use during the PADI Wreck Diver Specialty course. Your extended depth limits will allow you to make limited wreck penetrations of a maximum of 40 metres.