With our PADI Digital Underwater Photography (DUP) Specialty course you’ll learn how to take underwater photos you’ll be proud to share with others.
The course covers the PADI SEA (Shoot, Examine and Adjust) method of photography but it’s not all about how to take a picture, white balancing and using colour filters. Immerse your love of digital photography and learn how to best capture those impressive coral reefs, the colour of marine life and the mystery and magic of wrecks.
Learn tricks and tips for taking great photos underwater and the best way to capture video while scuba diving with a GoPro (or other action camera).
Digital Underwater Photography Pre-Requisites
- Minimum age 10.
- Students must be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver, PADI Junior Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation.
- All participants must download and complete the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form prior to participation. Any pre-existing medical conditions highlighted on this form will require medical clearance before we can allow you to take part.
DIGITAL UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE £245pp
The course fee includes main equipment hire, air, tuition, PADI eLearning theory, PADI Certification fee. Not entry fees to inland dive sites.
2 Open Water Dives - 1 Day at a UK inland dive site
How do I sign up?
- Download, complete and email the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form to email@example.com.
- Pay your non-refundable deposit to secure your place. Balance payment is required prior to going to open water. (Any discounts are applied at the end of your chosen course).
- Once your order comes through we will check the calendar and advise you of our next available start date.
What will I do?
- Camera equipment requirements
- Preparation of an underwater digital camera system
- Basic underwater photography techniques
- White balancing and colour filters
- Environmental considerations whilst taking underwater photographs
- Available to snorkelers, open water diver students and certified divers
Knowledge Development is based on a self-study method, allowing you to study in your own time, at your own pace, backed up by an academic session with an instructor, to ensure full understanding of digital underwater photography theory.
Open Water Dives students must complete two open water dives to certify as a PADI Underwater Digital Photographer. During these dives you will cover the assembly/disassembly of camera systems, entry/exit techniques, white balancing, distant and close up shots, exposure, contrast, sharpness, achieving good colour and composition.
When are they held?
Contact us at dive shop Scuderia House, Swindon SATNAV SN2 1EG for our next available course.
Need to buy a Camera Housing or Accessories for the course?
Now that you have the techniques for taking fantastic shots, why not enhance your buoyancy skills during the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty. This will enable you to get that little bit closer to the wildlife for that perfect photo opportunity.