Our PADI Discover Snorkeling (Skin Diver) session is excellent for children, adults, and family groups.
Snorkeling is great fun, easy to learn and is a great introduction to water safety making it ideal before you go on holiday. For younger members of the family, snorkeling is also a great introduction to the underwater world and can be their first step towards learning to scuba dive.
This is a non-certifiable session, but will build your confidence and enhance your snorkeling skills, allowing you to get closer to those amazing fish.
Discover Scuba Snokeling Pre-Requisites
- Minimum age is 8.
- A parent or guardian must be at the pool to accompany children under the age of 16 years old, they do not need to participate, but will be required to stay during the experience.
- You need adequate swimming skills and be comfortable in the water
- No prior experience is required.
The session fee includes all equipment hire, air, tuition and swimming pool fees.
Session Duration 60 mins
How do I sign up?
- Payment is required with the booking to secure your place.
Once your order comes through we will check the calendar and advise you of our next available date.
What will I do?
- How to choose, adjust and use skin diving equipment.
- Basic safety guidelines for being in and around the water.
- Snorkeling and skin diving techniques including checking buoyancy, surface swimming, clearing water from your snorkel and performing effortless surface dives.
- Going on an optional skin dive at a local dive site.
PADI Discover Snorkeling sessions are conducted in our swimming pool and students don't have to be a swimmer to snorkel, snorkeling vests are available to buy from our dive shop, so you can practice during the session and then take away with you.
When are they held?
The sessions are held every Wednesday evening at The Ridgeway Leisure Centre Pool, Wroughton 8:00pm, kit up 7:45pm. SATNAV SN4 9DJ