Drysuits are one of the most essential pieces of diving equipment any diver could possess for UK diving, they ensure comfort and warmth in colder waters, extending dive times and the diving season.
A drysuit is your ticket to a wider variety of dive sites and different marine life.
Drysuit Diver Pre-Requisites
- Minimum age 10.
- Students must be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver, PADI Junior Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation.
- All participants must download and complete the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form prior to participation. Any pre-existing medical conditions highlighted on this form will require medical clearance before we can allow you to take part.
DRYSUIT DIVER COURSE £230pp
The course fee includes main equipment hire, air, tuition, PADI eLearning theory, swimming pool fees, PADI Certification fee. Not entry fees to inland dive sites.
1 Confined Pool Session - 2 Open Water Dives - 1 Day at a UK inland dive site
How do I sign up?
- Download, complete and email the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay your non-refundable deposit to secure your place. Balance payment is required prior to going to open water. (Any discounts are applied at the end of your chosen course).
- Once your order comes through we will check the calendar and advise you of our next available start date.
What will I do?
During your drysuit diver course, your instructor will teach you how to control the air in your drysuit along with your buoyancy, how to respond to a free flowing inflator valve, how to achieve neutral buoyancy and what to do if your suit floods and how to determine your correct weighting. You'll also learn about different types of drysuits, basic drysuit repairs and maintenance.
Knowledge Development is based on a self-study method, allowing you to study in your own time, at your own pace, via eLearning.
Confined Water Session - If you have never experienced drysuit diving or if it has been a while since your last dive you will be required to complete a confined water session. During this session you will learn how to use a drysuit in the safe confines of a swimming pool prior to participating in the open water dives.
Open Water Dives - Students must complete two Open Water dives to certify as a PADI Drysuit Diver. Each dive has specific tasks designed to help students master buoyancy control and use of the drysuit whilst diving.
When are they held?
The sessions are held every Wednesday evening at The Ridgeway Leisure Centre Pool, Wroughton 8:00pm, kit up 7:45pm. SATNAV SN4 9DJ
Need to buy a Drysuit, we offer Made to Measure suits for your comfort.
Now that you have perfected the use of a drysuit, why not put these skills to good use by enrolling on the PADI Deep Diver Specialty course. The deeper you dive the colder it becomes and the need for greater thermal protection increases. As a certified drysuit diver you will have already completed the necessary training to ensure comfort and warmth during deeper dives to a maximum of 40 metres.