If you want diving with a twist, or if you are looking for serious fun and adventure then our PADI Night Diver Specialty is for you.
Diving in the dark is nothing like diving during daylight hours and adds a certain spice and excitement. Your favourite dive site can seem like another world when you explore it in the dark.
This course covers the safety aspects to night diving, the considerations for maintaining buddy contact, regulating good buoyancy control and also communication underwater. Students explore the dark side and the creatures that wake up during the twilight hours.
Night Diver Pre-Requisites
- Minimum age 12.
- Students must be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver, PADI Junior Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation.
- All participants must download and complete the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form prior to participation. Any pre-existing medical conditions highlighted on this form will require medical clearance before we can allow you to take part.
NIGHT DIVER COURSE £245pp
The course fee includes main equipment hire, air, tuition, PADI eLearning theory, PADI Certification fee. Not entry fees to inland dive sites.
3 Open Water Dives - 1 Day at a UK inland dive site
How do I sign up?
- Download, complete and email the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay your non-refundable deposit to secure your place. Balance payment is required prior to going to open water. (Any discounts are applied at the end of your chosen course).
- Once your order comes through we will check the calendar and advise you of our next available start date.
What will I do?
- Planning, organisation, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of night diving
- Proper procedures for buoyancy control, navigation and communication
- Use of dive lights and buddy-system techniques
- Disorientation and emergency procedures
- Orientation to nocturnal aquatic life
Knowledge Development is based on a self-study method, allowing you to study in your own time, at your own pace, backed up by an academic session with a PADI Instructor, to ensure full understanding of night diving theory.
Open Water Dives Students must complete three Open Water dives to certify as a PADI Night Diver. During these dives you will cover correct dive torch use, effective communication, navigational exercises and simulated dive torch failure.
When are they held?
Contact us at dive shop Scuderia House, Swindon SATNAV SN2 1EG for our next available course.
Need to buy a Dive Torch for the course?
Now that you have mastered the techniques for night diving, why not improve on your navigational skills during our PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty course. This will enhance your navigational skills, making navigation at night easier and more enjoyable.