Good buoyancy control is an essential skill for all divers to master, allowing you to conserve air and energy as you swim more efficiently.
The PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty concentrates on diagnosing and addressing some of the more common buoyancy problems. We will help you perfect proper weighting and distribution, efficient kicking and finning techniques and neutral buoyancy.
You will see the benefit of good buoyancy control in improved air consumption and greater control in the water. Protecting both the aquatic environment and your dive equipment as you hover motionless over the coral reef whilst taking that perfect photo.
Peak Performance Buoyancy Diver Pre-Requisites
- Minimum age 10.
- Students must be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver, PADI Junior Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation.
- All participants must download and complete the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form prior to participation. Any pre-existing medical conditions highlighted on this form will require medical clearance before we can allow you to take part.
PEAK PERFORMANCE BUOYANCY DIVER COURSE £170pp
The course fee includes main equipment hire, air, tuition, PADI eLearning theory, PADI Certification fee. Not entry fees to inland dive sites.
2 Open Water Dives - 1 Day at a UK inland dive site
How do I sign up?
- Download, complete and email the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form to email@example.com.
- Pay your non-refundable deposit to secure your place. Balance payment is required prior to going to open water. (Any discounts are applied at the end of your chosen course).
- Once your order comes through we will check the calendar and advise you of our next available start date.
What will I do?
- Peak Performance Buoyancy fundamentals
- Use of PADI’s ‘Basic Weighting Guidelines’
- An opportunity to practice and perfect your buoyancy
Knowledge Development is based on a self-study method, allowing you to study in your own time, at your own pace, backed up by an academic session with a PADI Instructor, to ensure full understanding of theory.
Open Water Dives Students must complete two open water dives to certify as a PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Diver. Each dive has specific tasks designed to guide students on weight distribution, perfect buoyancy techniques and efficient finning.
When are they held?
Contact us at dive shop Scuderia House, Swindon SATNAV SN2 1EG for our next available course.
Now that you have perfected your buoyancy, why not put these skills to good use by enrolling on our PADI Digital Underwater Photography Specialty course. Learn the techniques to get the best results out of your underwater camera on your next diving holiday.