Our PADI Search and Recovery Specialty course is a great way to learn underwater navigation and search techniques to cover all eventualities of good or limited visibility.
Learn how to rig and attach an object to a lift bag as well as the most effective and safe way in which to lift the object to the surface. One of the most fun and action packed of all the specialty programs and is also the most useful if you ever drop anything valuable over the side of the boat, or if you are a bit of a treasure hunter and looking to explore the bottom in more detail?
Search & Recovery Diver Pre-Requisites
- Minimum age 12.
- Students must be certified as a PADI Advanced Diver or PADI Junior Advanced Diver or PADI Open Water Diver or PADI Junior Open Water Diver with PADI Underwater Navigator Specialty certification, or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation.
- All participants must download and complete the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form prior to participation. Any pre-existing medical conditions highlighted on this form will require medical clearance before we can allow you to take part.
SEARCH & RECOVERY DIVER COURSE £350pp
The course fee includes main equipment hire, air, tuition, PADI eLearning theory, PADI Certification fee. Not entry fees to inland dive sites.
4 Open Water Dives - 2 Days at a UK inland dive site
How do I sign up?
- Download, complete and email the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay your non-refundable deposit to secure your place. Balance payment is required prior to going to open water. (Any discounts are applied at the end of your chosen course).
- Once your order comes through we will check the calendar and advise you of our next available start date.
What will I do?
- The planning, organisation, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of search and recovery diving
- Limited visibility diving and underwater navigation techniques
- Proper techniques and safety considerations for object location, including the use of various search patterns, lines and reels
- Proper techniques and safety considerations for recovery of objects using various lifting devices
Knowledge Development is based on a self-study method, allowing you to study in your own time, at your own pace, backed up by an academic session with a PADI Instructor, to ensure full understanding of search and recovery equipment, techniques and navigation.
Open Water Dives Students must complete four open water dives to certify as a PADI Search and Recovery Diver. During these dives you will demonstrate various methodical search patterns of both small and large areas to locate missing objects. You will also demonstrate the ability to rig a lift bag using a variety of knots, and safely raise an object to the surface with the aid of a lift bag.
When are they held?
Contact us at dive shop Scuderia House, Swindon SATNAV SN2 1EG for our next available course.
Need to buy a Dive Torch, Compass or Line & Reel for the course?
Search patterns and underwater navigation techniques are an important component in the rescue diver course, when searching for a missing diver. Why not put your new skills into practice by enrolling onto the PADI Rescue Diver course, which teaches you invaluable rescue skills for controlling and managing most diving incidents.