Our PADI Underwater Navigation specialty helps divers to utilise natural references, landmarks and also compass patterns for effective navigation. You can immerse yourself in navigating a predetermined course, measuring distance with elapsed time and fin kicks and practice using underwater objects to guide you back to your starting point.
Underwater Navigation Diver Pre-Requisites
- Minimum age 10.
- Students must be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver, PADI Junior Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation.
- All participants must download and complete the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form prior to participation. Any pre-existing medical conditions highlighted on this form will require medical clearance before we can allow you to take part.
UNDERWATER NAVIGATION DIVER COURSE £225pp
The course fee includes main equipment hire, air, tuition, PADI eLearning theory, PADI Certification fee. Not entry fees to inland dive sites.
3 Open Water Dives - 1 Day at a UK inland dive site
How do I sign up?
- Download, complete and email the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay your non-refundable deposit to secure your place. Balance payment is required prior to going to open water. (Any discounts are applied at the end of your chosen course).
- Once your order comes through we will check the calendar and advise you of our next available start date.
What will I do?
- Planning, organisation, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of underwater navigation
- Methods of estimating distances underwater
- Natural navigation techniques
- Using underwater navigation patterns
- Dive site relocation techniques
- Compass navigation techniques
Knowledge Development is based on a self-study method, allowing you to study in your own time, at your own pace, backed up by an academic session with a PADI Instructor, to ensure full understanding of navigational theory.
Open Water Dives Students must complete three open water dives to certify as a PADI Underwater Navigator. During these dives you will cover distance estimation using both time and kick cycle techniques, correct compass usage and natural/compass navigation to navigate predetermined courses.
When are they held?
Contact us at dive shop Scuderia House, Swindon SATNAV SN2 1EG for our next available course.
Need to buy a Dive Computer or Dive Compass for the course?
Now that you have mastered the techniques for underwater navigation, why not put these skills to good use during the PADI Night Diver Specialty course. Explore your favourite dive sites at night using your perfected navigational skills and see the most familiar sites take on a different appearance.