Scuba diving around a wreck makes for an interesting dive, but add a little more excitement and explore the inside with our PADI Wreck Diver Specialty course.
You will be introduced to limited wreck penetration and line-laying with specialist equipment, you are taught the fundamental principles of planning and executing safe and enjoyable wreck dives. With the emphasis on safety, your Instructor will help you to learn several methods of wreck navigation, along with propulsion and buoyancy techniques to avoid the hazards of silt in an overhead environment.
Wreck Diver Pre-Requisites
- Minimum age 15.
- Students must be certified as a PADI Open Water Diver, PADI Junior Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation.
- All participants must download and complete the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form prior to participation. Any pre-existing medical conditions highlighted on this form will require medical clearance before we can allow you to take part.
WRECK DIVER COURSE £320pp
The course fee includes main equipment hire, air, tuition, PADI eLearning theory, PADI Certification fee. Not entry fees to inland dive sites.
4 Open Water Dives - 2 Days at a UK inland dive site
How do I sign up?
- Download, complete and email the PADI Medical Disclaimer Form to email@example.com.
- Pay your non-refundable deposit to secure your place. Balance payment is required prior to going to open water. (Any discounts are applied at the end of your chosen course).
- Once your order comes through we will check the calendar and advise you of our next available start date.
What will I do?
- The planning, organisation, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of wreck diving
- The preparation and use of lights, air supplies, special equipment, penetration lines and reels
- Limited visibility diving techniques and emergency procedures
Knowledge Development is based on a self-study method, allowing you to study in your own time, at your own pace, backed up by an academic session with a PADI Instructor, to ensure full understanding of wreck diving theory.
Open Water Dives Students must complete four open water dives to certify as a PADI Wreck Diver. During these dives you will navigate and map a wreck identifying hazards, points of interest and potential penetration points. Prior to planning and executing an actual penetration dive you will practice line deployment/retrieval, finning techniques and correct line contact.
When are they held?
Contact us at dive shop Scuderia House, Swindon SATNAV SN2 1EG for our next available course.
Need to buy a Dive Torch, Compass or Line & Reel for the course?
Now that you have the taste for exciting wreck dives, why not explore those a little deeper by enrolling on the PADI Deep Diver Specialty course. Many of the less explored wrecks lie in deeper water, which require more in depth dive planning and equipment considerations.